Bicycle Trade-Up Programs
It’s all pretty simple. Submit your bike to one of these Trade-Up programs, provide some basic background information, and get an offer for store credit or cash. You can use that towards purchasing anything at VeloCity Cycles - in stock or special order.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Services are typically limited to high performance bikes, usually valued $1500 or higher, for the Pros Closet.
- Keep in mind that if one service doesn't have a need for your particular bike at this time, another service might.
- To participate in the Kids Grow-Up, Trade-Up Program, a bike must be purchased from us (new or used), then traded in within three years.
* If you're looking to do little more leg work but keep it all "local", then consider trying Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist.
QUICK TIP: Fill out the applications using your smart phone. You'll be required to send photos of your bike so using your phone will speed up the process.
Bikes on Consignment
We specialize in selling top-of-the-line bikes from reputable brands such as Specialized, Cannondale, Evil, and more. Whether you're looking to sell your old bike or looking to buy a high-quality, pre-owned bike, we've got you covered. Contact us today to learn more about our consignment program and how we can help you find the perfect bike for your needs.
- Our consignment process is simple: we evaluate each bike to ensure it meets our strict standards for quality and performance, and then determine its value based on current market demand and our inventory levels. If we're able to take your bike in on consignment, our fee is just 30% of the final sale price.
- In the event that any service repairs are required before the bike can be sold, we'll deduct the cost of those repairs from the customer's portion of the sale. This ensures that both you and the buyer receive a fair price for the bike.
VeloCity Cycles Kids Grow-Up, Trade Up Program Details:
Bike in Great Shape = Full 60% value towards next bike: Tires, frame, seat, grips can be cleaned Chain can be cleaned + lubed Frame has minimal scratches Bike shifts + brakes well
Less than 60% value towards next bike: Any Part Replacement Ex: tires, grips, chain, saddle, brake levers, cables/housing, etc. Brakes/Brake Levers require replacement Frame excessively scratched Extremely dirty.
Some wear, tear, & dirt is expected, as long as parts do not need to be replaced, the full 60% value will be applied to the next bike.
The Pros Closet Trade-In Program:
Submit your bike, frame, or wheels online in minutes. You’ll hear back from them in 24 hours or less.
TPC is actively seeking high-quality road bikes, mountain bikes, and TT, Cyclocross, and Gravel bikes from recent model years, as well as high-end frames and wheelsets. The higher the original MSRP, the better chance of receiving an offer.
Bicycle Blue Book Bike Value Assessment:
Wandering what price to list your bicycle on Facebook Marketplace, etc? This is the site to check out. Their value guide is built on a high-performance predictive analytics platform that uses automated machine learning to analyze and report on millions of transactions. They report three values: Original MSRP, Private Party and Trade-in.