Looking for a 1X chainring for your new Shimano XT, SLX or Deore crankset with the proven chain retention of our Drop-Stop® chainrings? Wolf Tooth has what you need in the form of a beautifully machined asymmetrical 96 mm BCD that provides the ideal 1X chainline of 49mm.
The 28T and 26T sizes will mount to the inner 64 BCD mounting position on these cranksets.
- These rings fit on the Shimano XT M8000, SLX M7000, Deore M6000, or FC M5100 1x or 2x cranksets
- Not compatible with Deore triple (3x) cranksets
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Provide a great chainline on most Boost bikes. See this explanation for details.
- Drop-Stop A models will reduce the chainline (inward towards the frame) from the Shimano specified chainline for the crankset: 26T-28T = -3mm, 30T-34T = -2mm, and 36T-38T = -1mm
- Drop-Stop ST models will have the same chainline as the Shimano specified chainline
- 10mm bolts are optimized for mounting this ring
- Available in multiple tooth profiles for optimal performance based on your chain type. Use Drop-Stop ST for use with Shimano 12-speed Hyperglide+ and 12spd KMC chains. Use Drop-Stop A for all 9, 10, and 11spd chains or 12spd SRAM Eagle, KMC, Connex or Wippermann chains. Drop-Stop B is optimized for SRAM 12 spd Transmission (T-type) and Road Flattop chains but is compatible with all chains that work with Drop-Stop A.
- Wolf Tooth Drop-Stop A is the original patented wide/narrow chainring compatible with multiple drivetrain brands including 9, 10, 11, and 12spd SRAM Eagle, KMC, Wippermann, etc.
- NOT compatible with 12spd SRAM Transmission (T-Type) Flattop, 12spd Shimano HG+, or 12spd Campy
- Compatible with 12spd Shimano Hyperglide+ chain and 12spd KMC chain only
- Symmetric Trapezoidal (ST) tooth shape is optimized for Shimano HG+ chain
If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur. Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Weight: 26t/42g | 28t/50g | 30t/41g | 32t/50g | 34t/59g | 36t/69g
- Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
- Made in the USA